1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

top reply to "What happened to Wildstar". Kinda sad

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by Myrriel, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Myrriel

Myrriel Vindicator Member

You an check the post for yourself here.
    I also quoted the text for those of you who cannot go on/hate reddit.

2. Ralvin

Ralvin Eternal Beard
    Bishop

3. Degeneracy

Degeneracy Vindicator Member

Outside the raiding which I didn't do, I agree to most of this. The thing that killed me off the most was indeed the elder system, to maximize your character took months and months, just was too greedy. Understandably if it was ftp then that would be no bother but your paying to farm these things. Dailies kill MMO's for me, rather level, get my gear even if it meant multiple runs in dungeons, then log in few times a week to raid. Games fun but too much farming at the end.

P.S. I'm a stalker in WS so yea I know the rotation is horrible, granted i never put in phenoblize(sp?) for the buff, that extra button cramped my fingers after 30min of fighting(dungeons silver/gold runs)

4. Aakek

Aakek Galactic Overlord
    Bishop Contributer

Its a problem of most modern mmo's. Once upon a time the ride was fun and it took awhile. Now they still had long grinds and time sinks but it happened in a more social atmosphere instead of the solo bubble we now face. Repeating the exact same things over to infinity (Dailies at max level) is one of the worst things ever introduced to the genre.

This is why the game I am still looking forward to is EQN.

5. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

That's why the only MMO I enjoy is the kind where I can shoot people in the face with a Pulsar ;)

But seriously, when an MMO gets the right balance between questing, power inflation and player driven content someone is going to make a lot of money.

Fireclaw likes this.