1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Galaxies Emu: Restoration

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by barneyninja, Dec 30, 2015.

1. barneyninja

barneyninja TS3 Admin
    Priest Contributer

Hey Everyone,

I'm not going to bore you to death since i know i've talked most of your ears off about my time in SWG.
    Still to this day no other game has captured me the way this has, and caused so many sleepless nights.

Therefore, why not keep playing it? You probably know theres been an emulation effort going on to recreate the exact game at publish 14.1, which was great - but still had its flaws. That and development there is taking its sweet time. (www.swgemu.com).

However, they've built a really good solid base, and are now cranking on some of the more detailed features. The game is fully playable on their play server, and is great.

They've open sourced this code, and as you'd expect, tons of private servers and communities have arisen.
    This is awesome. They each have their own nuances and features, but i finally found one i love. There is a perma-death jedi and awesome bounty hunting system (so the uber jedi class has population control), changed buff system (so it doesnt take you two hours to gear up for a fight any more), and various other small combat changes. Otherwise its the game I knew and loved.

I am embarassed to tell you how much time i've spent in the game recently, and have been loving this server. If any of you want to join me, please let me know. Now that SOE no longer exists, SWG is classified as abandonware, so you can download it, patch with their patchers, and jump right in.

Features of this server (Restoration):
    - Perma-death jedi "lives" system
    - Enhanced group combat and bigger bosses
    - Changed weapon/armor system, making all types viable
    - Limited to 4 characters per account, one of them being your perma-death jedi.

Hit me up here or on my phone if you're interested. Graf is already over there with me, and we wanna start a guild and city.

A

2. barneyninja

barneyninja TS3 Admin
    Priest Contributer

3. Degeneracy

Degeneracy Vindicator Member

SWG after Jedi's were released :( Hated that patch, my guild went from like 50 highly active players that socialized/grouped/pvp'ed too grinding out holo's to unlock the Jedi class. Game became baron then.

4. barneyninja

barneyninja TS3 Admin
    Priest Contributer

agree. but i'll take this over nothing!

5. Fiye

Fiye Loser of 5000 Arrows
    Chaplain

6. barneyninja

barneyninja TS3 Admin
    Priest Contributer

Yup.

Fiye, COME PLAY!

as with you all. I'd be more than happy to get you on your feet. Me and Graf are crushing it over there.

Just for a quick "Come play" reasoning...
    Graf played, did what most people did, and did the jedi grind. Played it hard, and got really far. But then noticed that there was a huge hole on the server with respect to organic resources. There are tons of doctors, armor smiths, architects, etc - But they all needed organic material and no one was really providing.
    So he rolled a ranger, and has been RAKING in the cash. He's the only real dependable ranger on the server, and gets paid around 10-20CPU (credits per unit) of fancy hides and such. He just filled a 1.5 million credit contract the other day.

Come be an entrepreneur like Graf! (Also, come do what he's doing because he's too expensive for me)

:)

7. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

Sounds great, and I am glad that you have your game back barney!

TheBTron likes this.
  8. Anodak

Anodak Vindicator Member
    Chaplain

I could be tempted to play again, played some last summer but didn't really get any where.