1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Great News Everyone! Also, I need a little help...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vyndanion, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Vyndanion

Vyndanion Vindicator Member

**CONTEST CLOSED. THE WINNER IS GUDGEON, WITH ORBIS ALIUS. STILL, FEEL FREE TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAMMER POSITION**

**THE DECISION HAS BEEN MADE, AND ALL VINDICATORS WHO JOINED NO LATER THAN THE MONTH OF AUGUST IN THE YEAR 2013 ASIDE FROM THOSE WHO ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST, WHO WILL GET THEIR OWN REWARD, WILL GET FREE ACCESS TO THE BETA AND A 55% DISCOUNT ON THE FULL GAME UPON RELEASE.**

SOOOO Everyone I have GREAT news:

I have finally decided to follow my dream and start an indie game company by the name of Angry Mage Studios Ltd.

However, I have encountered two problems...

1.) We have the story well under way, and have found some promising candidates for art, animation, music, and sound effects, but we have a distinct lack of programmers. I was wondering if any Vindies were good enough with C++ that they could assist in the from the ground up construction of a 3d open world first person semi nonlinear medieval fantasy game with third person rts elements and multiplayer support.

Please Note: This is not a full time job. You would be working as a contractor or outsource of sorts, being given tasks via email from our lead developer. Should you do well and should the game succeed to the point where we at least break even, you will be seriously considered for a prominent position on our dev team should you desire it.

This game is not being developed on site, but from all over the world. Official offices are in our future, however, should success ensue.

Thanks to those who decide to help.

Sincerely,
    Vyndanion

Need anything from us? Contact us at angrymagestudios@gmail.com

#1 Vyndanion, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. Coragamy

Coragamy Vindicator Member

Mundum in saeculis obscuris. "Dark Ages of the Universe" could work I think. Aoiseanna dorcha na Cruinne. Same thing but in Gaelic. First is in Latin.

#2 Coragamy, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  3. Gudgeon

Gudgeon Vindicator Member

I can't program but my suggestion for a name "Orbus Alius" which means something like other world in Latin and references Celtic mythology.

4. Vyndanion

The winner is Gudgeon, but since coragamy was the only other one to put forth a suggestion, he gets what gudgeon would have gotten, and gudgeon gets that plus an artbook filled with copies of all the concept art for the game, signed by every member of the team, as well as the first dlc free, if we do well enough to make dlc.

#4 Vyndanion, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  5. Coragamy

Yay! Congrats Gudgeon. I figured you would when since even I, who put forth a name, liked yours over mine. :p

6. EpicAhmed

EpicAhmed Vindicator Member

Awesome to hear man! I'm glad you could pursue your dream.

#6 EpicAhmed, Aug 9, 2013
  7. Vyndanion

Thanks man.

But some advice to everyone: Don't try it, especially on your own, if you don't have a serious passion and a phenomenal work ethic. It's hard as balls just putting the team together, never mind incorporating/forming an llc, getting the appropriate licensing, deciding what engines to use for what, whether to make your own engines, or to use some combination of both, and finally actually naming the damn company and game(s).

I'm lucky enough to have a good friend as my business partner, who is a perfect character foil to me. when he has an idea that is unoriginal or boring, I liven it up, and he brings down to earth my ideas when they're a bit too outrageous or complex. If it were up to me, this game would take several hundred hours to complete and have the most brain crushing story ever, complete with time travel, magic, alternate dimensions, betrayals, etc.

#7 Vyndanion, Aug 9, 2013
  8. Gudgeon

Sounds cool man thank you I hope this all works out for you.

9. Coragamy

May i ask how far the game is in development? Just curios not trying to whine or anything. :p

10. Vyndanion

No trouble at all. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I've been busy with the game. As for progress, we have pretty much everybody tracked down that we need except for the people that make everything work, the dev team, which doesn't exist. I have got a few leads on that front but that is about it. Also, there is a chance some shenanigans may occur involving a certain person named oh, I dunno, SeaNanners. That's all I can say.

11. Gudgeon

Will make Darkarc aware of the thread, he is a very capable developer that might be interested.

12. Parity

Parity Vindicator Member
    Chaplain

Best of luck, hope you have a blast with this career choice. Do keep us in the loop with the game progress, one can always use a good medieval game. :)

13. Coragamy

Sweet. Good luck and happy dev hunting! :)

14. Vyndanion

Thanks. It's a bitch, but I like it, and I finally get to put my writing skills to work.

15. Coragamy

You get a dev yet?

16. Vyndanion

Several potential team members, nut no reply from any of them yet.

17. Coragamy

K good luck. I know you got this.

18. Vyndanion

thanks man