1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pruning the PS2 roster

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vindicore, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

Since the release of PS2 the Vindicators have enjoyed a massive amount of success, achieving great things and attracting hundreds of new members, not to mention getting the attention of the developers.

With such popularity comes an unfortunate problem – that of members that do not play anymore. While we retain the majority of people who play with us, some for whatever reason stop playing PS2 and sadly many of these new players who are just learning the ropes.

Since November our roster has swollen to nearly 500 members, and with this comes some unfortunate effects when it comes to the way we are perceived. Some would see this member count as meaning that we are a zerg, an outfit that lacks direction and where everyone is a faceless member. We coordinate our squads and we make an effort to know each member that joins, as well as encouraging each member to learn and improve as a player.

Also as time progresses and the average player improve their statistics those that stop playing at an early stage lowers the average for the outfit on statistics sites. While this has no impact on the day to day running of the outfit it does have an effect on how we are perceived as a group to both other outfits and potential recruits.

As it stands the Vindicators outfit is 15th on the server on Planetside Universe, and compared to most of the outfits above us we have a lower statistics. Yet the outfits above us prune members that have been away for a certain length of time, and if you look at the details some also remove low performing players before then. The upcoming addition of in game outfit ranking requires that we maintain the outfit to near-active members to best represent the The Vindicators for players looking for a quality outfit.

We have decided to prune members after 3 months of absence, with no bias on their time with the outfit. This change will, if my calculations are correct, raise us to 12th place overall for the large outfits with more than 100 members. It may be interesting to note that if we pruned all members after a month of absence, we would be in third place.

If you are reading this and have been removed but still want to play Planetside 2, just jump on Teamspeak or the forums and let us know and we will get you back in as quickly as possible.

2. Pandalaimon

Pandalaimon Vindicator Member

Just wanted to say that I'd still like to be part of the outfit, but I probably won't be able to play many of the Ops because of work situations.

3. Footjam

Footjam High on the Mountain
    Contributer

Attending OPs is not mandatory. All that we ask of the community is to log on at least once a month so that you are kept active in game.

4. djhyperio

djhyperio Vindicator Member

Dj is back and ready for duty. I was on summer vacations travelling and whatnot. I am now back for another university semester. I'd like to still be part of the outfit as well.

Unfortunately Tuesdays and Wednesdays I have class from 4pm till 10pm (Mexico City time). But ill sure be here for the Thursday OPs.

5. Footjam

Footjam High on the Mountain
    Contributer

If you where removed from the outfit, simply hop on TS and let us know. We will get you right back in.

6. Falcorian

Falcorian Vindicator Member

I had surgery and I've been gone but ive still got my season pass so I'll try and hop on tonight. I'm not up for any marathon play sessions yet but I'd like to stay ;-)

7. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

Welcome back!

8. DayOne

DayOne Vindicator Member

Hey, I quit playing shortly after release due to performance issues. After having a pretty great time with some randoms last night, and I will be getting a nice new beefy cpu, I am going to start playing again.

I still have the TS details, just need an invite into the outfit in-game. Thanks!

9. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

Good to have you back, I was wondering where you had got to!

10. bigarsesteve

bigarsesteve Banned

good idea,there are reasons some folk cant play because of ill health ,problems in life or with there PC , that's understandable, but if you cant be bothered to post on the forum or join in tactical nights ,or be in team speak, than your not supporting the vindicators, I myself have health issues being serveerly disabled , I don't let it hinder me from playing planet side, it has been a privilege to be apart of a top gaming community in planet side.

11. CaptHank

CaptHank Vindicator Member

Been working overseas in the oilfield guys. Very remote locations. I'd like to remain active in the Outfit. Logging into the website once a month will not be a problem, but my work schedule is two months on, one month off, so logging in game once a month is an issue.

CaptHank

12. Vindicore

Vindicore Administrator
    Bishop Contributer

Worst case just yell on TS when you get back and we'll get you in.

As a deacon you likely wouldnt be kicked anyway however.