1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planetside 2 application from HuiDog3

Discussion in 'Application' started by HuiDoge, Jul 14, 2017.

1. HuiDoge

HuiDoge New Member

What is your Ingame Name HuiDog3

World location 'murica

Game you are applying for Planetside 2

Relevant gaming experience

ORIGIN: Been playing Planetside 2 almost since release, enjoyed it on my laptop that could barely run it, upgraded to the PC I use now, took a 2-3 year hiatus because the game was too repetitive: being vehicle HE'ed from spawn room, taking bases with that same tactic, being sniped with the Railjack over and over, etc. I only enjoyed being an LA player since I would have mobility and would be able to flank and stuff.

I originally had a friend who had a TR account on what was Waterson, so I have some respectable progress on my old account "HuiDog". Thoroughly enjoyed my time with ODMN and wished they were still around. As I said, the game got repetitive, and the standard 1000 certs was just too much for an average Joe to repeatedly grind out to unlock something cool.

HIATUS: I stopped playing just after the release of Hossin and the initial Implants system. I was HERE during the days of the great swamp battles and have fond memories of the awesome way Hossin looked during night battles.

During my break, got into Battlefield, CSGO, and Overwatch. BF1 got boring because only one map was fun for me, and I wasn't and am still not in the mood to buy DLC. Overwatch was fun while my friends were all playing it, but once they stopped, I did as well, but would gladly go back anytime: best $40 ever spent. CSGO was something I actually took with a serious attitude, learning smokes, DM-ing, etc. I never took the game too far, and after a while I realized that I was only having fun either winning or throwing.

NOW: Burnt out of CSGO, I decided to boot up PS2 near the beginning of summer just to see what it was like now. BOOM. Huge changes, and not the population drop I expected: I could still find huge fights.

A huge plus was that a friend had a VS account on the now-merged Emerald, and I had always wanted to play for the VS: I had watched HondaDude and some other streamers, and ALL played VS. Thus my now-main "HuiDog3". My aim improvement from the other FPS's has helped me perform way better IvI in this game, and I understand the idea of "playing what's needed" more thoroughly.

The bottom line is, UNlike CSGO, this game is something I enjoy even if we lose a battle and get kicked out of a base. Losing isn't good, but with pops as low as 25%, sometimes there isn't much you can do.

Why you want to be a Vindicator

- Platoons have good leadership: people know what they're doing and have respectable ingame knowledge, something that can't be said in the same way about the other outfit leaders
    - The "big" outfits are zergfits... it doesn't "mean" anything to be a part of them (was R7 previously, liked the way one of the guys led but I never came across him again... maybe he went here?)
    - If any outfit is going to be the Recursion of VS, this might be the one... VS needs a Recursion-caliber outfit

In game rank/level (if applicable) BR52

What roles do you prefer

Infantry. Can aim, will gun for vehicles, but driving / piloting skills = nonexistent.

How did you find out about us

Outfit browser, seeing the "V" tag, being invited to a platoon.

Anything more you would like to tell us

:thinking:

What is your name on Discord?

HuiDogE

2. TheBTron

TheBTron Vindicator Member
    Priest

Jump on Discord and poke someone in the PS2 channel to get sorted.