1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok... this guy is good.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zathrus, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Zathrus

Zathrus Vindicator Member

I don't watch this show, but this video came up as one that may interest me. I have to say this young man's talent is impressive.

This video says it all, this is very difficult to do in a manner camera's do not catch it.... he is very good

Sylak likes this.
  2. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

Wow, those teleporting Coins... I was like... euh ok. At first I was like aaah classic misdirection, moving stuff around quickly. Yeah it's good but nothing new, but after that like right in your face. Yep... quite a nice trick. Always a Bitch because most of the time, you think you can guess how how they did it, but if you happen to learn the trick, it's rarely what you thought. All this using simple prop, wow that guy most have train de for this for a long time. kudo.

He remind me of Luc Langevin a Qu├ębec young physicist that alway love doing magic trick and illusion, how that it's main gig, and he his incredibly good. Some of his trick are purely stuff he trained to do, like holding a seemingly impossible position just with his balance. Crazy card trick etc.

In any case, That dude got some James Randy in him

3. Zathrus

hehe.. the magic is in his table, but he has thought this out very well in a manner that even helps hide what he is doing from cameras. Impressive talent.

Sylak likes this.
  4. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

Oh yeah.... by the way this guy is not good at what you think he is! Captain Disillusion ftw ( Damn I like that guy)

5. Zathrus

well ofc.... as I said above, his magic is in his table.

But he has thought it out well as I also said before. He is capitalizing on the fact that all TV cameras record at 24fps. As long as everything is happening faster than 24 times per second... it is invisible to the cameras

Sylak likes this.
  6. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

Oh yeah, I have nothing against good video editing ( CaptainD is quite good at it), But what I don,t like is they try to make it seems like is a traditional illusion and they help him, so it's not all him an only him. His personal stuff is cool, but that performance was a litte bit cheated.

7. Zathrus

I think you misunderstand... the video I posted is live recording. There is no editing in this video.
    What he has done, is figured out how to do this, without the cameras being able to see it at 24 fps.

So whatever he does, he is doing it at a rate that starts and finishes in less than one 24th of a second.
    This makes it invisible to the cameras.

There is NO editing in this video, he did this live on stage. It is this fact that I find impressive. He has figured out how to fool the cameras consistently. TV Cameras have been a problem for many magicians through the years, since "slight of hand" is impossible to hide from something running at 24fps.

He has thought this out... and figured out how to make it invisible even to the cameras. But I think he had no need here to edit video... Yes there is a 5 second delay even in live video feeds so yes they can do whatever they want.... but.. I do not think editing is necessary for what he has figured out.

While from a scientific view point, that is a simple equation (just do it at 48 to 60fps) actually making that happen physically in a convincing way I thought was good.

#7 Zathrus, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  8. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

yes but to me, because America got talent DID rig video that seems live ( as pointed out by CD) and edited part of it, and it seem live but I saw it on youtube, so I guess that could have been done. maybe it's not the case here. Igf that,s the case probably took advantage of low frame rate , it's plausible, but they already did help staging, reality show are there for publicity not authenticity. But a rigged table would be totally buildable. But the guy is a video expert not a illusionist, so... to me it's fishy. :) still cool.

9. Zathrus

I think... nothing on his table ever moves :) except one decoy coin that slides from the upper left corner to lower right corner to be convincing.

I am fairly certain he is using an electro-magnetic fluid about 5mm deep that can hide coins on command. Such a fluid can appear solid.
    This is why it cannot be seen from a camera....
    Even if he only uses common house voltage for the table... that is at 60hz.... plenty of speed to hide things from cameras.

10. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

That possible, I guess. that would be a nice trick. yeah, and 60hz we cannot see it, hence why we do see the good old incadescent lamp flash between phase change.