1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eve Online - GOING FREE TO PLAY

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CaptnSlo, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CaptnSlo

CaptnSlo Vindicator Member

TheBTron and Sylak like this.
  2. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

So, despite knowing about the existence of EVE, I never really knew how that gameplay was really ( well I had a broad idea). So basically they changed a lot of things. As far as I can tell right now, this seem kind of cool. Since it's going to be free to play ( I hope they will avoid the paid the win), this could be interesting to try.

3. MikeChance

MikeChance Vindicator Member

just be aware if you login on FTP with a ship that requires skills you need a paid account to access, you're gonna be out that ship.

4. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

After reading your comment I looked around and found a good article ( In french) explaining the limitations. So basically, you are limited. I get why they are doing it this way, because of the people already paying, but that not really Free to play it's more "free to try until you hit the wall that give you no choice to shell out money" lol :). Not the model of FTP I prefer, but I get the point why. The thing is, now I hesitate to play. Because if I like it, I know I'll end up playing until I have no choice but to pay, and I'll will get account.I don't want to pay for a account right now. I try to budget my video game expense tightly and the money is already reserved for other games. I could like it and that is dangerous :).

5. MikeChance

MikeChance Vindicator Member

if you can earn about 600million in-game currency, you can buy a month of gametime

6. Aakek

Aakek Galactic Overlord
    Bishop Contributer

Since the introduction of PLEX (ie paid time) as tradeable, EVE has been free to play as long as you put in enough time to earn credits to buy it in game. Limited Free to Play is what most companies offer and EVE has a long history. It is a game of time investment. Building your character is purely a matter of real time training (including offline) and game time is spent earning credits in whatever manner you desire.

7. Sylak

Sylak Vindicator Member

Time, that's another thing I don't have enough for one game hehe :)